Hot Stone Massage is a specialty massage where the therapist uses smooth, heated stones by placing them or rubbing them on specific body parts. The stones are smooth and flat and are usually made of the volcanic rock type. These particular stones are chosen because they retain heat.
Some massage therapists hold the stones in their hands and use them to massage with. This allows the therapist to get deeper into the muscles without more pressure, helping their client relax yet further.
The heat from the stones leads to deep relaxation and warming up of the tight muscles, enabling the therapist to work more deeply and quickly.
If you haven’t tried a hot stone massage yet, it’s time to schedule one!
Top 10 Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- It relieve muscle spasms, pain, tension & improve muscle relaxation.
- It releases toxins & improves skin appearance
- It significantly reduce stress & anxiety
- It improves blood circulation and flow of energy
- It helps to promote better sleep
- It helps to reduce & manage stress
- It helps to create a sense of comfort and warmth
- It helps in decreasing cancer symptoms
- It helps in relieving the symptoms of autoimmune diseases
- It helps in increasing joint flexibility
Before your hot stone massage, the therapist uses a special heater, so you don’t need to be worried that this is too hot or could burn, as a professional therapist ensures the temperature is perfect and consistent.
Note: Hot stone massage is not recommended for those who are pregnant, or who have diabetes, high blood pressure, or if you are on medication that thins the blood.